Sunday, November 14, 2010

My idea of Hell

"ACADEMICS at one Australian university have to fill in 14 forms for a PhD student to get from pre-admission to graduation. Those 14 compulsory forms demand 270 separate pieces of information. Each of those items of information has to be supplied, on average, 2.7 times. For each PhD student, academics lose 580 minutes of precious time on form-filling, according to a conservative estimate."


At my university, I get by with having my grad students fill out their own forms and me signing them! That's a foolproof system, right?


2 comments:

Norman said...

Speaking of which, I've got a form here that says "Best Doctoral Student Ever!" with a picture of me holding a lolcat. I'll bring it by for your signature.

Simon Spero said...

"Best Doctoral Student Ever (p <0.05)"?