Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The year in film

I saw 6 good new movies this year. They are:

Slumdog Millionare
Man on Wire
Dark Knight
Burn After Reading
The Visitor
Iron Man

Pretty eclectic group, all highly recommended. Slumdog Millionare is a tour de force home run for Danny Boyle.

I'll fill out my top 10 with four movies that I think I would have liked if I had been able to see them:

Frozen River
The Wrestler
Happy Go Lucky
Rachel Getting Married

Finally, here are two touted films where it's obvious from the trailers (which I've seen) that the movies will suck hideously:

Revolution Road
The Reader

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Wrestler is a stinker.

Rich kid's daydream about being down and out.

Wife and I were only ones who laughed when Springsteen asked if we'd ever seen a "one legged dog" coming down the street.

I never have. But the filmmakers haven't ever seen a tittie bar outside a movie, though they set their movie in one, so I guess we're all even.

This is exactly the kind of crap that'll win some Oscars. Song/Actor.