Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So let me get this straight...

Bob Barr is the Libertarian Party candidate for president? This Bob Barr??




Now I admit to being a non-voting poseur belonging to no party, but I'm pretty sure that Barr is in no way shape or form a libertarian.

From this blog post I gathered the impression that he voted for the Patriot Act and the Defense of Marriage Act.

From this website I see that Barr sponsored a bill making English the official language of the US and voted against raising the limit on visas for skilled workers

So I have to ask, WTF?? The man rocks one hell of a nice mustache, but is that really all it takes?

Has the LP sold its soul for the meager pottage of getting 5% of the vote in the fall?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, they have sold their souls to the Devil.

Sign me a former member of the LP.

Anonymous said...

They say he's changed. But not to worry, Mungowitz didn't vote for him!

Anonymous said...

Angus, We went over this while you were galivanting around photographing weird animals humping lamp posts. Check the archives around 5/26.

I'm still struggling with it. I tell people I'm voting for him, but can't justify it other than showing support for a rising tide of libertarian sympathy.

My hope is that he doesn't do anything stupid and the (L) gets him enough votes to show growth of spirit and put Obama in office. We need as many dumbass government solutions as possible for people to figure out that government is not the answer. Economic annihilation is the unfortunate next step in the path to freedom and Obama can bring it.

I think you were also OOTO for the $300B farm bill veto override. Pure bi-partisan Marxism.

For a laugh, check out Maxine Waters (D-CA)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUaY3LhJ-IQ

tony Caporale said...

Kevin,

Five percent?... Did you say five percent? Jim Mora call your office.

Hokey said...

if he gets 5%, i'll be happy. in NC, i believe that puts the LP in the 'real party' column, exempting them from further sig-collecting BS.

Anonymous said...

As usual, Angus is right on the mark.

Wish he was the one running for office.