Friday, December 24, 2004

The Cadillac Song

My older son, bless him, likes classic rock. (No, I don't mean "Nirvana." I mean from the 1960's and 1970's.)

I was driving carpool down to RCHS, and we were listening to Led Zeppelin.

One kid says, "I think they played this song at a Renaissance festival." You know, the flutes and stuff. I hate everything.

Five minutes later, another kid says, "Listen! The Cadillac song!" I'm tempted to drive into a bridge abutment.

When Bob Seger let "Like a Rock" (once a terrific song, to me at least, about lost youth) become the Chevy jingle, I guess I could handle that. But now "Rock and Roll" is the Cadillac song? Think about the number of levels on which that is wrong. And then shoot me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you have no right to list yourself as a professional wrestler! We already have a real one in the department

TtwbC